Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Funhouse




P!nk released her fifth studio album, ironically titled "Funhouse" on October 28. Funhouse is a collection of songs that chronicle her recent divorce from Carey Hart. I've always been a fan of P!nk's controversial attitude and her impressive voice. I enjoyed the reviews written at Slant and The Village Voice, as the Voice coined "Funhouse" as "the most energetic divorce record probably ever." The Voice went on to give her lead off single "So What" "the newest entry in the Fantastic Empowerment Anthems genre (sub-filed under Hits Engineered by Max Martin), joining "Since U Been Gone" and "I Kissed a Girl." I enjoy this album, however, it amazes me that this record is getting more media coverage than her 2006 release of "I'm Not Dead" which is one of my favorite albums and featured far better range from P!nk in my opinion.

Here's a recent performance of my favorite song on the album titled "Sober"


You can check out an online stream of "Funhouse" available here.



(image source: pinkspage.com)

No comments: