Sunday, October 12, 2008

"Quarantine" a Genuinely Good Horror Film.


This weekend, I went to see the new horror movie "Quarantine," which just opened on October 10th. I'm a big fan of horror movies, but I generally don't go to see them anymore because I've found that many of the so called "horror movies" these days just aren't scary. However, this particular one caught my eye and looked pretty good, so I thought I'd take my chances. I wasn't disappointed.


"Quarantine" is one of the better horror movies I've seen in a long time. I won't give away any of the plot, but it has everything that's needed to make a movie scary and it keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time. However, the film is shot in a style similar to that of "The Blair Witch Project" in which the camera is hand held and shakes a lot, so if you get dizzy very easily, this probably isn't a movie for you. I really liked this aspect of the flim though; it gives the audience a very realistic first-person perspective. I would definately recommend horror fans to see this movie; it's the perfect film to see with Halloween right around the corner. Here's the official website for more information on it.

No comments: