Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dubya The Movie

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of President Bush's by any means, but when I first saw the trailer for W. I laughed, what a slap in the face to the man who is supposed to be the "leader of the free world". The trailer looked like it really made fun of what a goon he is. Could you imagine having a movie made about yourself and how bad you were at your job while you are still at your job. I almost kind of felt bad. Everyone is laughing at him. Director Oliver Stone, who has directed other movies like Any Given Sunday and World Trade Center said in an interview with the Times in London that the movie is "a human portrait of a man, not meant to insult people who believe in what Bush believes in,". The movie does not just follow his presidency, but the road leading up to his presidency, the jobs he held before, the college parties, meeting his wife. It's definitely going to be a very controversial film with it hitting theaters just three weeks shy of election day and the current state of the economy. And did anyone ever think that Bran from the Goonies would be portraying the President of our Country? I'm so excited to see it.

No comments: