Monday, October 27, 2008

get your BLOG on



Photo courtesy of: http://blog.blackboard.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/07/13/blog_pr_square_2.jpg

After reading an
article from TheAtlantic.com about blogging which really opened my mind up to blogging, I was motivated to search for some blogs. I thought it would be cool to see what "local" people were blogging about but instead of going to my Facebook and checking out blogs there I went to The Poughkeepsie Journal's website and found some cool blogs.

The subjects of the blogs were arranged in these categories: Career/Business, Lifestyle, Health and Fitness, Arts and Literature, State and Dutchess County Politics, Ulster County Politics, Religion and Spirituality, and Sports. I thought that this was a good variety of subjects that could appeal to a mass audience. I started looking through them and thought that the one entitled Daddy Diary was very cute and silly. The Daddy Diary is written by Pete Caolaizzo the sports writer who talks about the "sometimes silly ups and downs of raising children from a dad's point of view." There were many other interesting blogs on this site, and I would encourage people to venture into the world of blogs.

Now that this post (on this blog) has become a post about blogging, I feel kind of silly, but I think that it is important to witness and be a part of the new phenomenon of BLOGGING. Whether you start your own or find blogs that meet your interests, its a good way to communicate with people and even publish your own ideas for the whole public to see. It kind of sounds scary and intimidating, but its cool to think that authors work so hard to publish their work in a book or something when an amateur and student like me could talk about blogging on a blog and so many people could see it.

No comments: