Monday, October 27, 2008

For All The Coffee Enthusiasts

For many college students, coffee is a daily word in their vocabulary. I know that I cannot have a productive day without that steaming (or cold) beverage to jumpstart me. Coffee breaks me out of my haze, and helps me move along with my morning, or afternoon, or night.

This article, "Bean Town" published in the New York Times this week, talks about the growing number of speciality coffee shops, sprouting up all over the city. Although cups of coffee here are expensive, these coffee shops argue that the superior beans they use, lead to well-made, well-prepared coffee, which is worth the 4$ a cup that they go for. They maintain that good coffee is worth the price. Although some New Yorkers still complain about the gradual dissapearence of 35 cent "diner coffee", most are ponying up the money for that latte. Also interesting is the areas in which these speciality coffee shops are most popular. Not suprisingly, the neighborhoods welcoming these shops are the affluent ones, the West Village, Williamsburg, and Park Slope. To check out the rest of this interesting article, check out the link above!

No comments: