Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tyler Goes To The Polls, Gets Yelled At By Old Woman

Yesterday was a historic day for our country, with the election of Democratic Presidential nominee, Senator Barack Obama, to the Presidency. It was also a historic day for myself...as I got my first ever verbal whipping by someone in the 65 and over crowd.

Assigned with the task of asking exiting voters "Did you have any trouble voting?", I looked to my district's voting area, Hyde Park's North Park Elementary School, to be the area of interest. After entering my vote in the trusty lever-based voting machine, I stood post at the 100 yard marker and proceeded to ask 12 strangers the important question. To some, like 43-year old Rob Lapinel, the question was hardly an issue, as he quickly responded that he had no problems with the process. To others, like an unnamed elderly woman, the question seemed to be a query of the dumb. Raising her eyebrows, she stood defensive and declared "It's a LEVER system! How can you go wrong with a LEVER system! It's SO EASY, YOU DIMWIT!"

She was the 12th and final person.

No comments: