Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Beyonce strikes back

Beyonce rises up yet again with a new film on her hands and a new album I Am.. Sasha Fierce. This article mentions how Beyonce has the all around career: a solo artist that writes and produces her own songs and at the same time manages to sell platinum records, is continuing work on her fashion line, has endorsements with Pepsi and L'Oreal, and still finds time to star in movies.

The new film, "Cadillac Records," Beyonce plays the singer Etta James, in which she had spent some time with women staying in a Phoenix House facility in Brooklyn to research James' addiction. Adrien Brody said that she "had her game on track" with the role, and in order to maintain the role, Beyonce gained 15 pounds.

"I think that’s why I love doing movies so much, because it’s not just an art form. It changes my life and my music and the way I look at things," Beyonce said. The article really gives you another perspective on Beyonce as a person and it makes you respect her a WHOLE lot more.

No comments: