Monday, September 22, 2008

Pesticides and ADHD

I talked to someone who told me that many kids who have ADHD got it from pesticides in their food. Not wanting to believe everything I hear I looked into it further. I found research that linked pesticides with a number of neurological diseases like ADHD and Gulf War Syndrome. There was a study done that showed children who had been exposed to higher levels of pesticide produce showed learning disabilities, behavior problems, and other signs of significatn brain disfunctions. They also found chemical contaminants in their blood and urine. It's really uncomfortable. So not only are we more likely to get cancer, but we're more likely to have neurological damage eating non organic food. The more and more I research, the scarier eating seems.

No comments: