Wednesday, November 5, 2008

O Boy! Barack is New President

I'm normally not a crier. I don't get giddy about politics because I rarely pay attention. However, yesterday, I broke both of my "normal" codes. It was my first time voting, ever, and I was actually excited to do so. When I found out Barack Obama won last night as I watched the election coverage with my roommates, I was not surprised...I had been expecting him to win. I chuckled at McCain's speech where many booed. But when our new president spoke, I cried. Until then I hadn't realized the momentum and history of what had happened. Maybe he's just a charismatic speaker, but...I actually began to believe in change. I can only hope he carries out his actions as well as he carries out a speech. If you missed Obama's post-election speech, watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jll5baCAaQU

No comments: