Monday, December 8, 2008

No Chance

For first two years of my college career The Chance in Poughkeepsie, New York has been a great venue to catch very talented alternative rock bands such as Gym Class Heroes, Cobra Starship, Jack's Mannequin, and one of my all time favorites and the best concert I have ever seen Third Eye Blind. However this year has been a disappointment to me. The Chance's stage went from being graced with the likes of Andrew McMahon and Stephen Jenkins to cover bands and bands that might how been success full in the eightes, but have long over stayed their welcome. Even though I almost lost hope completely when I saw that dirtbag rap/rockers Shawyze, who writes each one of their songs about smoking weed and getting girls, were playing a show, but I still held up hope that someday soon a good show would be posted. Then the final nail was driven into the coffin. On December 15th Metrostation, possibly one of the least talented bands out there today is coming straight out of the pages of tiger beat to play to what I can only believe a crowd of screaming 12 year old girls all giddy at the fact that the band's lead singer is America's sweetheart Miley Cyrus' brother. Hopefully The Chance will someone resurrect it's reputation and one day be the host to a decent show, but going by their current schedule of shows I wouldn't put any money on it.

No comments: