Monday, December 8, 2008

CNN's "Planet in Peril: Battle Lines"

At the end of my last post I said I was anxious for CNN's "Planet in Peril: Battle Lines," which premiers this Thursday at 9:00 p.m.  So, I figure I'd blog about it and hopefully encourage others to tune in.  'Battle Lines' is a squeal to last year's series, which reported on global warming, overpopulation, and habitat and species loss.

Dubbed a 'worldwide investigation', CNN revisits these issues, exploring the conflicts between humans and the environment. Anderson Cooper and CNN's chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta will team up with Lisa Ling, a special correspondent for the National Geographic Channel.  

Featured in the documentary will be a report on the poaching of elephants in Chad and Sudan by rebels involved in the conflict in Darfur, among other things.  

No comments: