Monday, December 15, 2008

Bedouin Soundclash


At my retail summer job in the mall, we're allowed to play our own music as long as its "customer friendly." Mostly people put on their IPod's and just let random songs play. However, one day my manager John put on a CD of this band he's been raving about. When I first heard the reggae pop chilled out beats I assumed it was 311 and asked John if that's who it was. He immediately rolled his eyes and was angry that I even compared them to 311. He played the whole cd through and I absolutely loved it (being a huge fan of reggae and bands like 311 and Sublime). When I asked him the name of the band he told me and I honestly didn't know what he said and asked him to repeat it a couple of times and write it down for me. Bedouin Soundclash; what a powerful name, I thought to myself. The name hails from Israeli fusion artist and producer Badawi’s release in 1996, which pays homage to nomadic Arabic poet tribe called the Bedouins. The three Canadian guys in their early 20's first formed the group in 2001 and have since been a hit in Canada. There song 12:59 Lullaby was ( to my disgust) featured on an episode of Grey's Anatomy. There new album Street Gospels will hopefully gain some notoriety in America so they will expand their Canadian-only tour to America so I can see them live! I can't really explain how much I love this band in just this blog, but it's rare for me to like new music ( I'm a huge classic rock fan) so this to me means a lot. Check them out for yourself: http://www.rhapsody.com/bedouin-soundclash-2

No comments: